星期四, 5月 6, 2021
Home PV News Uttar Pradesh set for 2 GW ‘ultra-mega’ renewable energy park

Uttar Pradesh set for 2 GW ‘ultra-mega’ renewable energy park

The state cabinet has approved the 26:74 joint venture between Uttar Pradesh New and Renewable Energy Development Agency (UPNEDA) and Tehri Hydro Development Corporation India (THDCIL) to establish the park.

Source:pv magazine

The state government of Uttar Pradesh has paved the way for the establishment of a 2 GW ‘ultra-mega’ renewable energy power park in the state.

The cabinet headed by chief minister Yogi Adityanath approved the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for a joint venture between Uttar Pradesh New and Renewable Energy Development Agency (UPNEDA) and Tehri Hydro Development Corporation India Limited (THDCIL) to establish the park.

The joint venture will have authorized share capital of Rs 50 crore, of which THDCIL will hold 74% equity stake and UPNEDA the remaining 26%. In this way, UPNEDA’s equity investment in the venture will be just Rs 13 crore.

The state cabinet also approved the Memorandum of Association and Articles of Association for the JV.

The initial target is to set up 600 MW solar power generation capacity in the park at a total investment of Rs 2400 crore, calculated based on Rs 4 crore per megawatt.

The state government stated that developers would be able to quote competitive rates for solar power with the arrangement in place for land and connectivity (to evacuate the power generated to the nearest the substation) before setting up the power plant.

As per an estimate by the Solar Energy Corporation of India, the 600 MW solar plant will provide direct and indirect employment to 7200 people.

The ‘ultra-mega’ renewable energy power park is to be set up in Uttar Pradesh under the Solar Energy Policy-2017 of the state government and the Ultra Mega Renewable Energy Power Park Scheme of the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE), Government of India.

Under the MNRE scheme, the park will receive central financial assistance of up to Rs 20 lakh per MW or 30% of the project cost, including grid-connectivity cost, whichever is lower.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisment -

Most Popular

SEIA Devises Tool to Increase Solar Supply Chain Transparency

U.S.-based Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA) has come up with a tool to increase supply chain transparency. The mechanism is likely to help ensure...

CERC Asks SECI to Compensate Solar Developer for Impact of Safeguard Duty

The Central Electricity Regulatory Commission (CERC), in a recent order, directed the Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI) to compensate a solar developer for...

SHV Energy Acquires Majority Stake in Distributed Solar Company SunSource

SHV Energy, a Netherlands-based global distributor of liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) has acquired a majority stake in India-based distributed solar company SunSource Energy. The...

Haryana Releases Draft Solar Power Policy, Invites Suggestions

The New and Renewable Energy Department, Haryana, has issued the draft ‘Haryana Solar Power Policy, 2021,’ and requested government stakeholders to send their comments...