星期二, 9月 28, 2021
Home PV Companies Xinte sells shares to TBEA to fund 100,000MT polysilicon expansion

Xinte sells shares to TBEA to fund 100,000MT polysilicon expansion

Source:PVTECH

Polysilicon manufacturer Xinte Energy has raised RMB2.3 billion (US$355.9 million) from its controlling shareholder TBEA in order to fund its target polysilicon capacity of 100,000 metric tonnes (MT).
Signed last week, the agreement sees TBEA purchase over 167 million shares in Xinte at a cost of RMB13.73 each (US$2.12).
Xinte said 87.22% of the funds will be invested in its 100,000MT polysilicon project in Inner Mongolia, with the remaining 12.78% being used as working capital for the development of wind and solar assets handled by Xinjiang New Energy.
In June, Xinte unveiled the plan to sell its shares to fund the new facility and “seize the rapid development opportunities” within the solar PV industry, enhancing the company’s competitive position in polysilicon supply.
Moreover, in February, the company announced plans for the world’s single largest polysilicon production complex in Inner Mongolia with a capacity of 200,00MT per year.
A month later, Xinte reported that it was also seeking to expand production at by 20,000MT at its plant in Xinjiang province.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisment -

Most Popular

Modules Manufactured in Europe Emit 40% Less CO2 than the Chinese: Fraunhofer ISE

Researchers at the Fraunhofer Institute for Solar Energy have claimed that solar modules manufactured in the European Union produce 40% less carbon dioxide than...

Generac unveils new microinverter as part of move into solar, energy storage

Generac, a U.S. manufacturer of backup power generation products for the residential, light commercial and industrial markets, has unveiled two new solar microinverter models...

China pledges not to build new coal plants abroad yet questions remain

“China will step up support for other developing countries in developing green and low-carbon energy and will not build new coal-fired power projects abroad,”...

Circular economy could support India’s push for clean energy, self-reliance

With approximately 44 GW of installed PV capacity and 40 GW of installed wind capacity as of July – against a 450 GW renewables...