星期四, 十月 22, 2020
Home PV Companies Petrobras to invest $2.4 bln in biofuels

Petrobras to invest $2.4 bln in biofuels

    Petrobras Biocombustivel, Brazilian state-owned energy giant Petrobras' biodiesel subsidiary, plans to invest 2.4 billion U.S. dollars in biodiesel and ethanol production for the 2009-2013 period.


    According to a new Business Plan released by the company on Wednesday, 80 percent of the 2.4 billion dollars will be invested in ethanol, while the other 20 percent will be earmarked to biodiesel. A total of 91 percent will be made in Brazil.


    The figures represent an 87 percent increase compared with the amount in the company's 2008-2012 Business Plan, and is part of Petrobras' 2.8 billion dollars investment in the biofuel sector. The remaining 400 million dollars will go towards infrastructure such as ethanol pipelines.


    An extra 530 million dollars will be invested in biofuel research, which may include the purchase of shares or even the total capital of research companies.


    "It is possible to acquire technology companies both in Brazil and abroad," said Alan Kardec, the company's president, "We may buy them to assure the technological acceleration of our projects."


    In the Business Plan, Petrobras said it intends to reach a domestic production of 640 million liters of biodiesel by 2013. To achieve the goal, the company plans to build a new plant in northeastern Brazil, and is considering acquiring two others.


    The company is also expected to duplicate its Candeias plant in the state of Bahia, and adapt the experimental plants in Guamare, in the state of Rio Grande do Norte, for commercial production.


    It will also work to expend production capacity of its plants in Quixada, in the state of Ceara, and Montes Claros, in the state of Minas Gerais. 
 

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisment -

Most Popular

Apple data center in Denmark powered by 50 MW of solar

Apple has revealed that its data center in Viborg, Denmark, is now being powered by a 50 MW solar project under a long-term power...

Solar + storage experiment in Tampa Bay selected for Solar Energy Innovation Network project

An innovative solar + storage research project led by the Tampa Bay Regional Planning Council has been selected as a finalist for the Solar...

Chinese PV Industry Brief: 350 MW wind-solar project, 200 MW of floating PV

Longyuan Energy said this week that it has signed an agreement with the municipal authorities in Binzhou, Shandong province, to build 300 MW of solar...

IEEE creates education and credentialing program for interconnecting distributed resources to the grid

IEEE and the IEEE Standards Association (IEEE SA) announced the IEEE Std 1547-2018 Distributed Energy Resources (DER) Interconnection Commissioning: Education and Credentialing Program, a new...